EnvoPAP - Sustainable Paper
We are excited to announce our exclusive partnership with a revolutionary company called EnvoPAP.
EnvoPAP is a unique, eco-friendly and efficient copy paper, manufactured by upcycling sugarcane waste instead of cutting down fresh trees.
The business was started by Kaushal Shah at the University of Southampton. He saw the potential of turning agricultural waste in his home country of India into usable products such as copier paper.
Here is how EnvoPAP is made:
- Whilst conventional paper requires virgin fibres obtained by felling trees, envoPAP is created using a reclaimed waste product called bagasse, made from the fibres of sugarcane and wheat husks.
- After the sugarcane is harvested and the juice extracted at the sugar factory, the wet bagasse is then moved to the nearby paper mill.
- The fibres are converted into pulp through an energy efficient and chlorine-free process. The pulp is then processed before being milled and finally pressed into paper.
- The sale of the discarded sugarcane stems and stalks creates extra income for Indian farmers, their families and the local economy.
- Purchasing envoPAP paper helps reduce rampant deforestation and avoids burning the crop which increases the rates of disease for the local populations.
- Even the shipping of the paper from India is as sustainable as the manufacturing process: The paper is transported directly to the port from the mill.
- The cargo is then directly shipped to us on vessels that are less than ten years old which guarantees efficient transport. Surprisingly this has less environmental impact in comparison with paper driven across Europe
EnvoPAP estimates that it has saved a million trees in the last two years. An example of the impact that purchasing EnvoPAP can have is that just eight reams saves one tree. If the 2083 reams saves one hectare of forest which equates to two and half football pitches worth.
EnvoPAP can help your business turn high volume paper usage into a positive for the environment.
If you are interested in purchasing the UK’s only supply of paper with a carbon neutral production, then please get in touch and we can send you out some samples of the 70g and 80g paper today.
For more details or a free quotation please feel free to contact us