Schools are among the biggest consumers of paper. There are endless paper options on the market, and the choice of brands, thicknesses and sizes can be overwhelming.
Paper needed in schools includes standard printer paper, coloured paper for creative work, A3 sheets for group work and specialist paper for artwork and wall displays.
Here are some of the best types of paper for schools.
What are the best types of paper for schools?
Every school needs A4 printer and copier paper.
This falls into the 70-90gsm weight category, with 75gsm and 80gsm being most common choice for everyday printing. However, 70gsm is also suitable and widely used for printing. Your printer cannot weigh paper, it is the bulk of the sheet that determines the runnability through your printer.
- Navigator is a popular choice for plain white sheets. Its vast selection ranges from 75gsm to 250gsm, and now includes a carbon-neutral option for sustainability-minded schools.
Coloured paper & card
Coloured paper is an essential for every school. Adding colour makes schoolwork more interesting and enables creative projects. Thinner sheets are suitable for printing and copying, while heavier paper (or card) usually falls in the 150gsm-250gsm category and is ideal for craft projects.
- Kaskad’s extensive range includes 39 shades in a variety of weights and sizes, from pastel hues through to vibrant colours.
- Papago Fluorescent offers a range of bold shades for eye-catching work.
Group projects, wall displays and creative work demands larger paper. Schools often require sheets in A2, A1 A0 size, and even rolls. Specialist banner paper is also available.
Students with dyslexia can benefit from specialist dyslexia paper rather than the usual plain white. Research has found that off-white and cream paper shades can aid reading for dyslexic people, whilst the glare of normal bright white paper can make reading more challenging.
- Kaskad’s range includes shades of cream and eider vellum paper – perfect for dyslexic students.
The role of technology is growing in schools and a lot of learning now happens online. But exercise books still have an important place within schools. After all, handwriting is a crucial skill to develop at a young age, and most exams are still written by hand.
- Browse A4, 9×7 and A4+ exercise books here
Graph and squared paper is another essential for schools. Graph paper is in maths and science classes. Graph paper can be useful for developing handwriting, too.
- Browse graph and squared paper in a range of sizes here
Progress and achievement should be recognised at school, and certificates are a simple yet effective way of rewarding accomplishment. Pre-printed certificate papers are perfect for making awards and are compatible with most printers.
- Athenian Mable paper is perfect for certificates and available in multiple colours.
Paper supplier for schools
Due to the sheer volume of paper required, many schools opt to use one supplier for all their paper. This ensures regular deliveries of large quantities for competitive prices.
Springfield is a specialist paper supplier for the education sector. Contact us today to discuss your school’s paper requirements.